Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Secret Garden












So I went to see the Mirvish production of The Secret Garden last night at the Royal Alexandria Theater in Toronto.   Having both read the book and watching the movie I was already well aware of the story line and I was looking forward to seeing the theater production.  I must say that I wasn't disappointed.  A few things stand out though.   The set production was FANTASTIC.  The various buildings, garden walls, and other sets moved seamlessly off and on stage.   The intracity of the movement was a joy to watch.

Props also need to go to the cast.  All of the cast were fantastic, especially the little girl they got to play Mary Lennox.   I really enjoyed the play with its classic story.  Definitely well worth the money to see while still in Toronto.

No comments: